WildBrain is an industry leader in the management and creation of preschool and children’s entertainment content on platforms such as YouTube, Amazon Video Direct and others. WildBrain’s branded YouTube network is one of the largest of its kind, featuring more than 110,000 videos for over 600 kids’ brands in up to 22 languages. The WildBrain network, which has over 50 million subscribers, generated over 129 billion minutes of watch time and 25 billion views from July 2017 through June 2018. Connecting kids’ content owners with advertisers in the Advertising Video-on-Demand (AVOD) space, the WildBrain network features popular third-party brands such as Fireman Sam, Curious George, Shopkins and Ben 10, as well as much of DHX Media’s world-renowned library of 13,000 half-hours of kids’ and family content, including Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Degrassi, Yo Gabba Gabba! and many others. WildBrain Studios also specializes in the creation of new, original content for its network, such as animated and live-action shorts; toy-play and stop-motion videos; preschool counting and alphabet videos; nursery rhymes and more. WildBrain is a wholly owned su�bsidiary of DHX Media (TSX: DHX; NASDAQ: DHXM).
We are looking for an experienced business analyst who has a proven track record working in the Management Consulting space or in a similarly analytical role within a media organisation, who has a desire to take a more hands on approach in the digital content space.
The role would involve close collaboration with WildBrain’s parent company’s Finance team to create annual P&Ls and track performance against targets; and with the Senior Management Team within WildBrain to conduct strategic analysis, analyse the performance of the business and communicate the company’s growth trajectory to key stakeholders.
The role will work with the analytics team to understand trends and performance on You Tube and other digital platforms; with the M&A team to help evaluate business growth opportunities; and with the WildBrain channel management, paid media and production teams to ensure channel targets are delivered.
Furthermore, the role would extend into business development with the DHX brands team, TV distribution team and CPLG (the licensing subsidiary) to develop a 360 revenue opportunity around the brand in other business areas.
In short this is an opportunity to work with a successful children’s network with a strong audience to help set the strategic direction and drive the performance of the business, identify new growth initiatives and provide effectively reporting to support the leadership team.
· Motivated, self-starter who enjoys driving projects forward and has an excellent eye for detail
· Ability to collaborate effectively under pressure with team members and functional divisions within a business
· 3 years+ relevant management consulting / project management / financial management experience
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Effective evaluation and communication of project/program results
· Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, managing to deadlines and budgets
· Ideally degree educated
· Excellent IT skills with advanced Excel
· The candidate should be energetic, enthusiastic and capable of demonstrating strong analytical and reporting skills
· A good understanding of the FP&A function of a business, creating business models and strategic planning
· An outstanding communicator, extremely detail-conscious, a diligent planner and ambitious in delivering business growth
· The ideal candidate will have a keen interest and knowledge of the YouTube community with some experience in content production, business modelling and budget management
THANK YOU for all of those who express interest in being part of the WildBrain! Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
WildBrain will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.